All jobs → Studio Manager
Reports to: STUDIO DIRECTOR
The Studio Manager is responsible for the overall studio functionality on a daily basis. All studio staff report to the Studio Manager. The Studio Manager works in tandem with the Studio Director to help with the coordination and management of each job coming into the studio. The studio manager will also be responsible for the daily assignments and schedules of the studio staff as well as overseeing and delegating the daily tasks of the studio. Along with a team of reliable, forward-thinking studio assistants, the studio manager’s goal is to maintain a premier standard level of quality for all of our guests and clients when they enter the facility.
The Studio Manager will be diverse in studio knowledge, confident in communicating with clients, and have the strong ability to delegate work as needed. Hours of operation will adjust to what is happening in the studio on a daily basis but the Studio Manager will try to maintain an 8am- 5pm schedule Monday thru Friday, however, longer days can be expected from time-to-time.
The studio manager’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for ensuring the proper daily opening and closing of the studio by having a complete understanding of client shoot schedules.
- Ensures that the studio is in shoot-ready condition on a daily basis by performing and delegating work as required.
- Understands all facets of facility operations and capabilities.
- Oversees and assigns work activities for all studio personnel and interns.
- Responsible for making weekly studio schedules for Studio Assistants and other studio personnel to ensure all work is completed on time.
- Performs and oversees studio repairs and improvements to the highest possible standard when needed.
- Maintains functionality and appearance of all studios and storage spaces.
- Provides production and technical support for studio shoots as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between the client to field and assess any studio and equipment questions or requests, and properly delegates those requests to the Equipment Manager or studio assistants to ensure the request is fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Works in conjunction with the Equipment Manager to ensure all equipment rentals for all stages are delivered and returned on time.
- Has a clear understanding of what stages need to be cleared of equipment and works directly with the Equipment Manager to ensure the gear gets back to the shop in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all equipment is organized and staged properly in the corresponding studio and can differentiate between departments (Grip vs. Electric).
- Ensures a safe work environment at all times and quickly addresses any issues that may pose a health or safety risk.
- Efficiently executes all other duties as assigned by the Studio Director.
- Provides the highest level of customer service to clients at all times.
Compensation: Based on Experience
Benefits: Major Medical / Dental / IRA / PTO Including Vacation and Holidays